You can learing about Poultry Dishes from Normandy chicken recipes.Free Normandy chicken Recipes tips from Poultry Dishes Recipes.
Normandy chicken Directions
1250 kilojoules/ 300 calories per serving 1 tblspn ghee 1 tblspn peanut oil 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, 125g (4oz) each Salt Pepper Â½ cup calvados (see note) 3 tblspn cider vinegar 500g (1lb) Jonathan apples, not peeled, cored, cut into eighths 1 cup degreased chicken stock
1. In a large frying pan heat ghee and oil, add chicken, sautÃ© over high heat until golden, about 8 minutes, turning once. Remove from pan, season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
2. Pour off all fat from frying pan, add half the calvados and all the vinegar. Bring to a boil, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom. Remove from the heat.
3. Place apples in a casserole, arrange chicken on top. Pour liquid in the frying pan over chicken, bake in a 180 Â°C (350 Â°F) oven until chicken is cooked through, about 20 minutes.
4. Remove chicken from casserole, keep warm. Pour apples and juices from pan into a processor, puree.
5. Pour in a saucepan, add stock and remaining calvados. Bring to a boil, cook until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Check seasoning, divide sauce among 4 heated plates, arrange chicken on top. Serve immediately.
Note: Calvados is a French apple brandy. If not available, use ordinary brandy.