You can learing about Desserts from Rockmelon (Cantaloupe) Sorbet with Blueberry Sauce recipes.Free Rockmelon (Cantaloupe) Sorbet with Blueberry Sauce Recipes tips from Desserts Recipes.
Rockmelon (Cantaloupe) Sorbet with Blueberry Sauce Directions
607 kilojoules/145 calories per serving SORBET 1.5kg (3lb) rockmelon (cantaloupe), peeled, seeded, roughly cut up Â¾ cup sugar Salt 1 tblspn freshly squeezed lemon juice SAUCE 3 cups fresh blueberries 1 tblspn freshly squeezed lemon juice &frac13 cup port
1. To make the sorbet: Puree rockmelon in a food processor until smooth, scraping down sides once.
2. Place 1 cup of the puree in a saucepan, add sugar and a pinch of salt. Cook over medium heat until sugar has dissolved, stirring continuously.
3. Pour into a large bowl, blend with remaining puree. Cover bowl, refrigerate until chilled. Stir in lemon juice. Transfer to an ice-cream machine, freeze according to manufacturerâ��s instructions.
4. To make the sauce: Combine 2 cups of the blueberries in a saucepan with the lemon juice and port. Bring to a simmer, cook until blueberries are tender, about 5 minutes.
5. Remove half the blueberries from the pan, strain back into the pan through a sieve. Discard pulp.
6. Stir uncooked berries into the pan, heat through gently. Serve warm with sorbet.