You can learing about Beans Pulses and Rice from Oven-baked Tomatoes with Cannellini Stuffing recipes.Free Oven-baked Tomatoes with Cannellini Stuffing Recipes tips from Beans Pulses and Rice Recipes.
Oven-baked Tomatoes with Cannellini Stuffing Directions
1047 kilojoules/250 calories per serving 125g (4oz) cannellini beans, soaked overnight 4 large, firm tomatoes Pepper 4 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped 2 tspn olive oil 250g (Â½lb) tomatoes, peeled, chopped 1 Â½ tblspn tomato puree 12 black olives, coarsely chopped 2 tblspn chopped fresh parsley Salt Â½ firm avocado, peeled, cut into 0.5cm (Â¼in) cubes 60g (2oz) mozzarella cheese, coarsely grated
1. Drain beans, place in a saucepan with plenty of water to cover, bring to a boil, reduce heat to a steady simmer, cook until tender, about 30-60 minutes, depending on age of beans. Drain.
2. Cut slice off rounded side of tomato, opposite stalk end, scoop out flesh and seeds. Season inside with freshly ground pepper, leave to drain upside down.
3. In a casserole, combine spring onion, garlic and oil. Saute gently until softened, about 3 , minutes. Add tomatoes, tomato puree, olives and parsley, season to taste with salt. Cover, cook gently for taste with salt. Cover, cook gently for taste with salt. Cover, cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring from time to time.
4. Add beans and avocado, mix in gently. Season to taste with freshly ground pepper. Spoon mixture into prepared tomato shells, sprinkle with grated mozzarella.
5. Place filled tomatoes in an ovenproof serving dish, pour Â¼ cup water into dish. Cover, bake in a 180Â°C (350 Â°F) oven for 30 minutes, or until tomatoes and filling are heated through and cheese is bubbly. Serve hot.