You can learing about Main Course Salads from Beef and Black Bean Salad recipes.Free Beef and Black Bean Salad Recipes tips from Main Course Salads Recipes.
Beef and Black Bean Salad Directions
1758 kilojoules/ 420 calories per serving 315g (10oz) black kidney beans, soaked overnight 1 onion, chopped 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped 2 tspn chopped fresh thyme Pinch of cayenne pepper 1 bay leaf 2 leeks, washed thoroughly, thinly sliced 750g (1Â½lb) fillet steak, trimmed of all fat and sliced into thin strips 250g (Â½lb) French beans, trimmed, cut in half 1 onion, extra 8 cherry tomatoes, halved 1 green capsicum (pepper), seeded, cut into strips 1 butter lettuce DRESSING Â¾ cup red wine vinegar Juice of 1 lemon 2 tblspn Dijon mustard 2 tblspn honey Salt Pepper 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped Â¼ cup safflower oil 4 tblspn virgin olive oil
1. Drain beans, place in a large casserole with onion, garlic, thyme, cayenne pepper and bay leaf. Cover with cold water, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover casserole, cook for 1 Â½ hours or until beans are just tender. Drain, rinse beans under cold running water. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a non-stick frying pan, add leeks and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add beef strips and saute 2 minutes. Set aside.
3. Cook French beans in boiling salted water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold running water.
4. To make dressing: Combine all ingredients, except the oils, in a processor. Process for 15 seconds. Gradually add oils, process until well amalgamated.
5. In a large bowl combine onion, tomato, green capsicum and beef. Add black beans and French beans, pour over half the salad dressing, toss well to coat. Make a bed of lettuce leaves on a large platter, arrange salad mixture on top. Serve immediately, with remaining dressing separately.